SPORTS & HEALTH RESEARCH NOTES
ISSN: Coming soon
AIMS & SCOPE
Sports and Health Research Notes (SHRN) considers short papers containing single or more experiments, negative findings, systematic-reviews, mini-reviews or hypothetical manuscripts, news and views for publication. All manuscripts will be peer-reviewed. The journal considers articles in the following specialised sport, exercise, psychology, medical, and health sciences related fields, but not limited to:
- Sport and exercise sciences (psychology, physiology, biochemistry and nutrition)
- Injury prevention and rehabilitation
- Public health promotion
- Exercise and holistic health
- Physical education and promotion
- Medical and allied health sciences
The following types of articles will be considered:
- Mini-Review – concise review of current or updated knowledge or advancements in the related fields.
- Original Research or Technical Notes – short and concise original research/technical report or single or more experiments leading to convincing observations to prove a hypothesis. This type of article must have a clear objective of the study, concise discussion and a clear conclusion. Studies reporting negative findings also fall within this category.
- Case Notes – short and concise description of a unique, unusual or novel occurrence of a clinical case or presentation.
- Data Notes – short and concise description of a research dataset or resources that highlights the origin and relevance of the dataset or resources to facilitate research reproducibility.
- Educational Notes – Educational Notes refers to concise educational information or technical notes that are useful to researchers.
- Hypothetical Notes – hypothetical paper involves a critical interpretation of current literature leading to a profound but untested hypothesis.
- Views – articles featuring a review, commentary or an opinion on a currently published paper or book.
- News – articles featuring a report on local or international sports and health-related outreach or scientific programmes, obituaries of a prominent coaches or athletes as well as individual success stories.
Help us to sustain this free open access journal via a voluntary contribution today.
Your contribution will make sure that reading, submitting articles, publishing and indexing of all scientific materials in this journal remain free of charge for everyone.