SPORTS & HEALTH RESEARCH NOTES
ISSN: Coming soon
EDITORIAL AND PEER REVIEWING POLICIES
When a new submission is received, the editorial assistant will check on the formatting of the manuscript to ensure it matches the standard of the journal’s requirements. Qualified articles will be assigned to an Editor to assess the suitability of the article for Sports & Health Research Notes. After passing all the initial scientific merits, in-house formatting standard and requirements, the editor will initiate a single-blinded review protocol, where the reviewers are aware of the names and affiliations of the authors, but the reviewer reports provided to authors are anonymous.
All articles must be reviewed by at least 2 reviewers. Peer reviewers are to be suggested by the authors. The managing editor will decide on the suitability of the suggested peer reviewers or invite other peer reviewers from the relevant field of expertise to review the article. Editors or members of the editorial board can also act as reviewers as long as they are not involved as the managing editor who oversee the peer reviewing process of the article. The managing editor will make the decision on the submission assigned to him/her. More than 50% of peer reviewers must agree on the acceptance before a formal acceptance decision is made by the managing editor. Decision made by the managing editor is final.
In the case of revision, the revised manuscript will be returned to the same managing editor for assessment. For any scientific dispute or technical revision of the manuscript, the managing editor will request the former peer reviewers to re-assess the revised manuscript to ensure satisfactory changes have been made to meet the scientific merits for acceptance.
All articles are subjected to peer reviewing except for articles submitted to Editorial or News and Views sections, where members of the editorial board will save to evaluate the content and suitability of the manuscript.
Sports & Health Research Notes aims to keep the duration of peer-reviewing under 6-week. A decision by the assigned editor shall not take more than a week after all reports have been obtained from reviewers. Sports & Health Research Notes also adopted a constructive peer-reviewing policy where peer-reviewers are requested to suggest improvements to the manuscript under evaluation. A manuscript will be rejected when the methodology employed in the study was flawed and the conclusion made was not supported by the results. Other reasons for rejection include plagiarism, falsification of results and conducting a study on animal or human without approval from the ethical committee board approval.
There are several editorial decisions for each submission:
- Accept Submission – the manuscript is accepted for publication.
- Revision Requested – revisions are needed to address concerns raised by the editors/reviewers leading to a resubmission of a revised manuscript. A period between 2 weeks and 1 month is normally given to authors to address all concerns raised by the editors/reviewers.
- Reject and Resubmit for Review – in the case where the concerns raised by the editors/reviewers are substantial and may need more than a month to address, the manuscript will be rejected and the journal welcomes future resubmission of a revised manuscript. Authors will have to provide a rebuttal letter and reference to previous submission to accelerate peer reviewing exercise.
- Reject – a manuscript is highly not suitable for publications due to various technical flaws or interpretation will be rejected. The same manuscript will not be considered for future resubmission to the journal.
- Decline submission – when a manuscript failed to adhere to the journal homestyle requirements or failed to comply to the Author Guidelines as well as Terms of Service.
DISCLOSURE OF CONFLICTS OF INTERESTS
Editors, authors and reviewers must adhere to the recommendations for the conduct, reporting, editing, and publication of scholarly work in medical journals stated by the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE), which is accessible at http://icmje.acponline.org/. The recommendation can be downloaded HERE.
Help us to sustain this free open access journal via a voluntary contribution today.
Your contribution will make sure that reading, submitting articles, publishing and indexing of all scientific materials in this journal remain free of charge for everyone.